- Check the warranty — go with an installation company that has a good reputation, a written warranty, and a solid relationship with well-respected window and door manufacturers.
- Windows & doors are a property investment — treat your installation decision like any other large asset investment. If you shop based on low-price alone, you’re going to get low-quality results.
- Consider your long-term utility bill — sometimes it’s a short number of years before energy-efficient equipment will pay itself off. Spend a bit of time doing the calculations because you might save money later by spending on energy efficiency now.
- DIY leads to disasters —a surprising number of homeowners think that window & door replacement is a DIY project. Everything from poor measurements, to lack of backslope moisture diversion, to flashing tape and membrane weaknesses — the details are what ensure your new windows & doors will last for decades.
- Leveling, flooring considerations & hardware installation — you’ll notice forever if the job isn’t done right. Like a picture hanging crookedly on a wall, a poorly installed window or door will be obvious to you and your guests forever.
Screen Installation, Repairs, Door Resizing, Entry Renovations — So Many Possibilities
The fall weather is great and work/school routines are now underway after a fantastic summer. The Salmon Arm Parade and Fair on Sept 9-11 is back, and now’s a great time to check your windows. Make this a fall 2022 renovation project! Lower your energy bills, improve your property value, and take advantage of these shoulder-season months to get it all done. Call our showroom in Salmon Arm to book a site visit today.